Establish Service – Customer
Ways to Establish Service
If you are a prospective customer of ElectriCities and currently have service with another utility, please contact your current provider to obtain a letter of credit prior to calling us.
Prospective customers may contact ElectriCities at 704-948-0550, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., to establish electric utility service at least 48 business hours prior to your expected move-in date. In lieu of a favorable letter of credit, a deposit will be required to establish service and will be billed on the first bill. There will also be a non-refundable connection fee of $25 assessed to new accounts.
We accept cash, checks, money orders, cashier’s checks, credit cards and debit cards. Your payment is proudly accepted at our cashier window inside our lobby located at our business office between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Payment drop boxes are also conveniently located in The Town of Cornelius and The Town of Huntersville at each town hall. You may also contact our office to make a Visa or MasterCard payment by phone through our IVR system (Option 1). Customers may also choose to pay online by linking to e-Care on our My Account or Account & Bill Pay page.
ACH Bank Draft
We also conveniently offer a pre-authorized payment option (ACH) which allows us to automatically draft your electric bill from your bank account each month on your due date. Click here for a copy of the Bank Draft Authorization Form. Please complete the form and return to ElectriCities with a voided check. It can be emailed to CSR@electricities.org or mailed to P.O. Box 2819, Huntersville, NC 28070.
Establish Service – Contractor
- Contractor contacts ElectriCities regarding new project being developed.
- ElectriCities and contractor will meet to examine all electric services needed for project.
- ElectriCities will design and deploy plans based on information obtained from the contractor. Contractor and ElectriCities will agree on final design. Electric construction will then be scheduled.
- ElectriCities will then provide to the developer a street lighting design.
- The ElectriCities Field Engineer may be contacted at 704-659-2171.
- The ElectriCities Line & Service Supervisor may be contacted at 704-659-7377.